Franklin Township (Somerset County)

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
Raven
Administrator
Assignment: Patrol

Franklin Township (Somerset County)

Post by Raven » Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:34 pm

https://www.franklintwpnj.org/governmen ... ecruitment

Test Application Instructions

Qualification requirements to apply for the Franklin Township Police written exam:

Eligibility Requirements per FTPD General Order – 2009-20 Recruitment and Selection:

In order for a candidate to be considered for employment as a full time police officer, applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements in addition to Chapter 50 of the Franklin Township Municipal Code:

Minimum 21 years of age. (At time of appointment)
United States citizen.
Be of mental and bodily health sufficient to satisfy the Board of Trustees of the Police and Firemen’s Retirement System of New Jersey that he would be eligible for membership in the retirement system.
Able to read, write and speak the English language well and intelligently.
Of good moral character and free from conviction of any crime constituting an indictable offense, domestic violence or any crime or offense involving moral turpitude.
Able to pass such written, oral, physical and psychological examinations as may be approved by the Township manager and meet essential job performance requirements.
Possess a valid New Jersey driver’s license.
Minimum of 20/30 vision in each eye corrected.
Otherwise meets all the requirements of N.J.S. 40A:14-122 to N.J.S. 40A:14-127.
When submitting your Application, you must:

Submit the attached application (page 2) to the Franklin Township Police Department no later than Tuesday, July 31, 2018.

A $40 Money Order (no personal checks) payable to the “Franklin Township Police Department.”

Return your completed Application to: Franklin Township Police Department 495 DeMott Lane Somerset, NJ 08873 Attention: Lt. Rizzo.
Applications can also be brought to Police Headquarters (address above) and turned into our Police Supervisors desk at any time.

Once your application and payment is received, you will be provided with a study guide
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 5:9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.”

Owner of NJOfficer.com

rwalk27
Walking Post

Re: Franklin Township (Somerset County)

Post by rwalk27 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:10 am

to add to the requirements because its not listed until you actually click the link for the application

you must possess a Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or; 60 college credit hours from an accredited college combined at least 24 months of satisfactory employment or military experience

Jersey327
Walking Post

Post by Jersey327 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:55 pm

Any information on this department? Such as how many they are looking to hire, if it’s a fair hiring process and how the department is?

Thanks

Jdlc4252

Post by Jdlc4252 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:17 am

I’d like to know more about the department as well, considering that I couldn’t find much online.

I do know that Franklin is one of the more diverse towns in New Jersey and it’s very big. It’s the type of community I would be attracted to serving, but not being from this area, I’d have to know about the level of nepotism before thinking about applying.

Raven
Administrator
Assignment: Patrol

Post by Raven » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:58 pm

I don't know much about the department however I have heard of them hiring people without hooks. I've never heard bad things about the department either, only good things.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 5:9 “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.”

Owner of NJOfficer.com

bluerecruit96
Rookie

Post by bluerecruit96 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm

Has anyone who took the written exam last week been notified of their score yet? They did not use PoliceApp and their PT test is a week from tomorrow and I was hoping to know my score beforehand. Thanks in advance.

BlueLine
Walking Post

Post by BlueLine » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:28 pm

bluerecruit96 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm
Has anyone who took the written exam last week been notified of their score yet? They did not use PoliceApp and their PT test is a week from tomorrow and I was hoping to know my score beforehand. Thanks in advance.
I know people who received an email on Friday that they will be moving on to the PT but I didn't receive that email.

Njrook
Rookie

Post by Njrook » Sat Sep 22, 2018 11:53 pm

bluerecruit96 wrote:
Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:42 pm
I received an email telling me I scored high enough on the written exam to move on to the physical. No score though, just that I moved on.

Areyouthereguad

Post by Areyouthereguad » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:00 pm

I'm going to be really bummed if I don't get an email from them by tomorrow; I always score a 93+ so I don't see how I couldn't have scored high enough to secure a spot in the PT. Now I'm worried I gave them my wrong email address and I screwed myself for no reason.

Areyouthereguad

Post by Areyouthereguad » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:18 pm

If you didn't receive an email don't fret! I received notice that I was moving on via regular mail along with the required forms. So if you live farther away from Franklin you may not receive your invite until tomorrow potentially.