IMMEDIATE JOB OPENINGS
Possible 40 hour and 20 hour per week positions available.
Special Law Enforcement Officer, Class II
The Somerdale Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of CLASS II Special Law Enforcement Officer. The Department is seeking individuals who currently possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission Certificate as a CLASS II Officer.
Resumes must be dropped off in person and an application must be picked up in person at the Somerdale Police Department located at 105 Kennedy Blvd. Somerdale NJ 08083.
Monday thru Thursday 8am-4:30pm and Friday 8am-1pm.
NO PHONE CALLS.
The Special Law Enforcement Officer Class II (SLEO Class II) is a part time member of the Police Department. Class II officers shall be authorized to exercise full powers and duties similar to those of a permanent, regularly appointed officer. Class II Officers will be fully trained in all aspects of police work including, radar operator, NCIC, CJIS, AOC and NJ courts online complaint system. Class II officers are also responsible for Municipal court security approximately three weeknights per month. All of our Class II officers have been hired as permanent full time officers for Somerdale or elsewhere to further their careers.
• Must be US citizen
• H.S. diploma or equivalent
• NJ resident, requires valid NJ driver’s license
• Must have the ability to read, write and speak the English language clearly and intelligently
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• NJ PTC Certified Class II (SLEO Class II) certificate
• Must pass a drug test
• Meet the qualifications of NJSA 40A:14-146 et seq.
• Have and demonstrate good moral character and have not been convicted of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any offense involving moral turpitude; verified by a background investigation.
Any special law enforcement officer jobs post here.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Wow great job there jr. detective..however we have this officer that has obtained the name of crybaby rooney...he is a disgrace to the police department and needs to quit. You should come to the next city counsel meeting we need citizens like you You would also get to see for yourself the idiots with the signs never mind that those officers dont have a LEO job HA HA and never will....