Berlin Police Department
BERLIN POLICE DEPARTMENT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS TO DEVELOP HIRING LIST:
LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER & CLASS II OFFICER
The Berlin Police Department is currently seeking well qualified applicants for the position of Law Enforcement Officer & Class II Officer. Applicants must currently either possess a New Jersey Police Training Commission Certificate as a Fully Sworn Officer or SLEO II Officer through completion of the Police Academy.
Applications must be picked up in person at the Berlin Police Department Headquarters beginning March 15th and returned completed prior to 4:00PM on March 25th, 2019 to the attention of Chief Millard Wilkinson. No phone calls will be accepted regarding the application process.
The SLEO II is a part time member of the Police Department. The SLEO Class II will be required to work Municipal Court three (3) Monday’s a month and provide essential public safety and law enforcement services for the department. While working, SLEO Class II officers shall be authorized to exercise full powers and duties similar to those of a permanent, regularly appointed officer. The SLEO Class II will work 29.5 hours per week.
Officers will be a full-time member of the Police Department. They will be authorized to exercise full powers and duties of a Police Officer under the PTC. They will provide essential public safety and law enforcement services for the department.
• Must be United States Citizen
• Possess a High School diploma or equivalent and currently enrolled in an accredited college degree program.
• In lieu of the college requirement, the applicant may substitute (4) years of active military service with an honorable discharge.
• New Jersey resident, with a valid New Jersey Driver’s License
• Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Have and demonstrate good moral character and have not been convicted of any crime constituting an indictable offense or any offense involving moral turpitude which will be verified by a thorough background investigation
• NJ PTC Certificate or Certified Class II (SLEO Class II) certificate or enrolled at an accredited NJ Police Academy graduating before May of 2019 is recommended but not mandatory
• Must pass a drug test
• Must pass a Psychological and Medical examination
• Cannot have an existing obligation under NJSA 40A:14-178
All applications will be reviewed and only those applicants chosen to move forward in the hiring process will be contacted. All applications and resumes will be kept on file.
Berlin Borough is an equal opportunity employer
Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
1 post • Page 1 of 1