Division of Criminal Justice Hiring

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
GiantsFan8
Rookie

Re: Division of Criminal Justice Hiring

Post by GiantsFan8 »

Anyone hear anything from the division? Interviews? Academy ? Etc...
Fitness123
Rookie

Post by Fitness123 »

Has anyone heard back since their phone interviews?
GiantsFan8
Rookie

Post by GiantsFan8 »

Fitness123 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:39 pm Has anyone heard back since their phone interviews?
Did you schedule physical?
Fitness123
Rookie

Post by Fitness123 »

Nope, all I had was the phone interview and that was it
Fitness123
Rookie

Post by Fitness123 »

GiantsFan8 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:20 am
Fitness123 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:39 pm Has anyone heard back since their phone interviews?
Did you schedule physical?
Nope all I had was the phone interview and that’s it , did you?
Giants12
Radio Car

Post by Giants12 »

I
Last edited by Giants12 on Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LisaR
Rookie

Post by LisaR »

Giants12 wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 1:54 pm Hey guys , I’ve said this a couple of times but I’m currently employed with a PD andI’ve only had my phone interview in the middle of February. I haven’t heard anything since. Is there a way to check our status? I’m completely in the dark with this whole thing. Thanks guys.

Also does differ for those who have a full ptc ?
Yeah, we know. Boohoo my PD has too much paperwork, boohoo I hated the DOC, you seem ungrateful, people really want police jobs and you will never be happy where you go. And if you haven't noticed, CoVid is still going on so an applicant like you with an insubordination charge probably isn't on the top of their list right now.
aceshigh1300
Radio Car

Post by aceshigh1300 »

LisaR wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:29 pm Yeah, we know. Boohoo my PD has too much paperwork, boohoo I hated the DOC, you seem ungrateful, people really want police jobs and you will never be happy where you go. And if you haven't noticed, CoVid is still going on so an applicant like you with an insubordination charge probably isn't on the top of their list right now.
Geez, probably not great to put people on blast in regards to a process. Covid has definitely changed things and other events have become a fact as it relates to law enforcement. But, this is a profession of brothers and sisters who at the end of the day depend on one another at some of the worst times in their lives. Few know what it is to face what we do on a daily basis, so instead of cranking on people who may be midway in a process, perhaps you should reflect on what it means to be a police officer serving the public at a time when the public isn't really receptive on the service we provide.

No matter your profession, you will have complaints about the job. You may have issues in your jacket that don't sum up your career. I sincerely hope that if you aren't in law enforcement, your attitude changes. If you are in law enforcement, then deeply consider your chosen profession and what it means to suit up every day for the unknown. You too, at one point, were in the process and had questions. I would hope someone took the time to say it was a waiting game, that the wait was worth it and that having questions wasn't a reason for someone to question your integrity for seeking the job.
LisaR
Rookie

Post by LisaR »

aceshigh1300 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:39 am
LisaR wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:29 pm Yeah, we know. Boohoo my PD has too much paperwork, boohoo I hated the DOC, you seem ungrateful, people really want police jobs and you will never be happy where you go. And if you haven't noticed, CoVid is still going on so an applicant like you with an insubordination charge probably isn't on the top of their list right now.
Geez, probably not great to put people on blast in regards to a process. Covid has definitely changed things and other events have become a fact as it relates to law enforcement. But, this is a profession of brothers and sisters who at the end of the day depend on one another at some of the worst times in their lives. Few know what it is to face what we do on a daily basis, so instead of cranking on people who may be midway in a process, perhaps you should reflect on what it means to be a police officer serving the public at a time when the public isn't really receptive on the service we provide.

No matter your profession, you will have complaints about the job. You may have issues in your jacket that don't sum up your career. I sincerely hope that if you aren't in law enforcement, your attitude changes. If you are in law enforcement, then deeply consider your chosen profession and what it means to suit up every day for the unknown. You too, at one point, were in the process and had questions. I would hope someone took the time to say it was a waiting game, that the wait was worth it and that having questions wasn't a reason for someone to question your integrity for seeking the job.
First and foremost, this really has little to do with Covid and everything to do with the the OP and his attitude towards the positions afforded to him. Yes I am on the job. And I know people have questions. But he has a penchant for asking questions, then deleting his posts because he knows the questions are ridiculous. Law Enforcement is not a bakery, we don't sugar coat things. He has stated numerous times he is not happy at East Orange PD because of the "paperwork" and openly bashed NJ DOC and has an insubordination charge in his file. Looking from a perspective from another agency, especially DCNJ, I would overlook him in a heartbeat, especially since I know their BI's scour these forums, and that is why he deletes his posts. It has zero to to do with the clime of what is going on right now and everything to do with personal accountability and responsibility. He is one that fell through the cracks and is constantly making threads about hiring progress during a pandemic, like a moron. It's not about integrity, it's about common sense, some people are cut out for the job and some people are not.
JETS1960
Rookie

Post by JETS1960 »

Anyone have a timeline of their hiring process?