Port Authority NY/NJ PD

Any sworn police officer hiring announcements post here.
Thadrow
Walking Post

Re: Port Authority NY/NJ PD

Post by Thadrow »

Giants12 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:48 pm Yea i have not heard anything either. I still wonder why they asked in the application if we were PTC certified? Do they plan on waiving people? I doubt it but I really hope so if I am selected.
They always ask that. They are not going to waive anyone regardless of state or experience. I've been told they want you to learn their way so you do not become a liability for a future law suit or incidient.

I.e. "Well I was a cop in Newark and we did it this way, I didn't know we had to do it that way. I was never taught that way or mindset."
Giants12
Radio Car

Post by Giants12 »

Thadrow wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:02 am
Giants12 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:48 pm Yea i have not heard anything either. I still wonder why they asked in the application if we were PTC certified? Do they plan on waiving people? I doubt it but I really hope so if I am selected.
They always ask that. They are not going to waive anyone regardless of state or experience. I've been told they want you to learn their way so you do not become a liability for a future law suit or incidient.

I.e. "Well I was a cop in Newark and we did it this way, I didn't know we had to do it that way. I was never taught that way or mindset."
Yea that makes sense. I was pretty much just wishful thinking. Any idea when they are suppose to start reaching out people?
PH0331
Rookie

Post by PH0331 »

Anyone know what happened with this process?
ata52189
Walking Post

Post by ata52189 »

They dont waive, I have a friend there who was sent to their academy 6 months after completing a county academy. Rumor is they wont be having an academy until 2022.
PH0331
Rookie

Post by PH0331 »

Did anyone get selected?