Camden County Police

Discussions between Police Officers
abdiel0424
Rookie

Camden County Police

Post by abdiel0424 »

Does anyone have any info about the Camden County Police Department? Pay, morale, units? I’m from Ocean County and I applied online, do you think I could receive a cert from them? (I scored an 84.3 on the LEE)
BlueLine
Radio Car
Assignment: Patrol

Re: Camden County Police

Post by BlueLine »

I don’t think the morale could be any lower at that place :lol:
ata52189
Walking Post

Post by ata52189 »

abdiel0424 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:14 am Does anyone have any info about the Camden County Police Department? Pay, morale, units? I’m from Ocean County and I applied online, do you think I could receive a cert from them? (I scored an 84.3 on the LEE)
Negative....last test I had residency in ocean county as well with a 91 (in a civil service town) and only got certs for corrections
hvan
Rookie

Post by hvan »

abdiel0424 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:14 am Does anyone have any info about the Camden County Police Department? Pay, morale, units? I’m from Ocean County and I applied online, do you think I could receive a cert from them? (I scored an 84.3 on the LEE)
I currently work at the superior court in Camden and spoke to a sheriff officer there. He previously worked for Camden County Police then switched to sheriff office. He told me if you want to get experience and see some stuff, go there. but long term he didn't like it and he switched. said morale is a lot better at sheriffs but it also depends who is elected in. There is a history of corruption with Camden PD so look into that and make the decision for yourself.
Last edited by hvan on Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
abdiel0424
Rookie

Post by abdiel0424 »

hvan wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 1:22 pm
I currently work at the superior court in Camden and spoke to a sheriff officer there. He previously worked for Camden County Police then switched to sheriff office. he said morale is horrible and superiors don't have your back. He told me if you want to get experience and see some stuff, go there. but long term he didn't like it and he switched. said morale is a lot better at sheriffs but it also depends who is elected in. There is a history of corruption with Camden PD so look into that and make the decision for yourself. I originally wanted to work for Camden but since changed my mind. Being in my 20's It sounded appealing but i don't know if 40 year old me would want to still be working there.
I was thinking about it since I’ve heard they need officers and I live in a Chief’s town. I just want somewhere to put my foot in the door.
rd589860
Rookie

Post by rd589860 »

On the Camden County PD website it says if you are a county resident and have past the lee then to submit an application. Does that mean you have to apply and they dont go through the cert process? I'm kinda confused by their website.
abdiel0424
Rookie

Post by abdiel0424 »

rd589860 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:15 pm On the Camden County PD website it says if you are a county resident and have past the lee then to submit an application. Does that mean you have to apply and they dont go through the cert process? I'm kinda confused by their website.
I’m pretty sure you still have to go through the cert process. But based on the research I’ve made the CCPD is known to go through the city and county list rather quickly, so they eventually go into other counties. I don’t know what role the application plays but why not give it a try? I applied to them before the test was announced and I got emails from them telling me that the LEE was coming up.
Avaric3
Traffic Duty

Post by Avaric3 »

abdiel0424 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 3:11 pm
rd589860 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 2:15 pm On the Camden County PD website it says if you are a county resident and have past the lee then to submit an application. Does that mean you have to apply and they dont go through the cert process? I'm kinda confused by their website.
I’m pretty sure you still have to go through the cert process. But based on the research I’ve made the CCPD is known to go through the city and county list rather quickly, so they eventually go into other counties. I don’t know what role the application plays but why not give it a try? I applied to them before the test was announced and I got emails from them telling me that the LEE was coming up.
They exhaust their county list and go to the statewide list. I got a cert from them from the 2016 test about 2.5 years after the test was given
rd589860
Rookie

Post by rd589860 »

Hey anyone get any certs from Camden County PD?
aceshigh1300
Radio Car

Post by aceshigh1300 »

It's a great foot in the door and you'll get a lot of experience quick. Most of the guys I know either use it as a springboard to go elsewhere or will be there for life (one did three tours in the Middle East if that's any indication).