Morris County Alternate Route Program

Information regarding the Alternate Route Program in New Jersey
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Morris County Alternate Route Program

Post by CCSTestPrep »

The application period officially opens on Monday, June 25, 2018, and will close on Friday, August 17, 2018.

The link to the official announcement is: https://www.policeapp.com/Entry-Level-M ... -Jobs/643/

Prep info and reg can be found at: http://www.ccstest.com/morris-county-nj ... ep-course/

The actual test is being administered on Wednesday, August 22, 2018, at 5 p.m.
Dr. David A. Paprota, Ed.D.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
Njrook
Rookie

Re: Morris County Alternate Route Program

Post by Njrook »

Test scores have been posted on Police App
rangerstown24

Post by rangerstown24 »

I heard many people made it to the physical. Has anyone heard anything? I thought they were only selecting a hand full of people to move on but I know someone with a 87 that got asked to come to the physical which I was surprised since Morris usually has high scores.
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

It looks like they are running two separate days of physical tests for those who scored 87 and above. The Morris scores are very high with some candidates scoring 94's and a lot of others between 91.35 and 94. Morris is very competitive all of the way through the interviews and final selection.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
rangerstown24

Post by rangerstown24 »

Therefore would you say someone who has scored a 91.8 has a pretty good shot to get in since still? I overheard they will be having 32 spots so I’m wondering if my chances are still pretty good as long as my interview goes well. Thanks
NJCOP21
Rookie

Post by NJCOP21 »

Good luck to all. Tough academy
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

rangerstown24 wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:18 pm Therefore would you say someone who has scored a 91.8 has a pretty good shot to get in since still? I overheard they will be having 32 spots so I’m wondering if my chances are still pretty good as long as my interview goes well. Thanks
That score would definitely be in contention. While not a lot of candidates fail the physical, some do fail and some simply don't show up. Also, a lot of candidates really bomb the interview and essentially nullify their exceptional test score. After that, no shortage of candidates have background issues that knock them out or back on the list. Likewise, no shortage of candidates with very high scores are in other processes for departments and academies and may not be in a position to accept a slot. Anyone who moves forward to the physical has a shot at this point if the academy fills the max number of slots over the two classes.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com
rangerstown24

Post by rangerstown24 »

Anyone know how many applicants are still in the process?
njrookie
Rookie

Post by njrookie »

Any status on Morris County alternate route process? Heard some received date for the psych test?
CCSTestPrep
Administrator

Post by CCSTestPrep »

njrookie wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:53 pm Any status on Morris County alternate route process? Heard some received date for the psych test?
Yes, the psychs are scheduled for those who have initially been selected.
Chief of Police (Ret.)
CCS Test Prep®
www.ccstest.com