NJSP 2020 cycle

Discussions for New Jersey State Police
Gregorio856
Walking Post

Re: NJSP 2020 cycle

Post by Gregorio856 »

JRMVP wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 2:12 pm
Gregorio856 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:44 pm
ryandichi wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:13 pm Good luck to all who are going to the CRB. I had mine this past Friday. not sure if yall have mentioned this already but can someone clarify for me.

1. has anyone been contacted further since their crb?
2. any info on the next two phases of the process? I think medical and psych.

thanks
This part week is the first week for the CRB. I had mine today, I am pretty sure we will receive either an email or letter in the mail. I’m hoping before June . It seems like this process is super expedited compared to the first time I went through this process
Every month is a New Phase.
May - CRB. Many investigators are still not done with their candidates.
June - Medical/Psych.
July - AWW/PEPP.
August - Academy if all goes well.

How did your CRBs go? Greg, being your second one. How was it?

It was def easier this time around, my background investigator really liked me so it made it easier. He told me he received the same letter I got (the not selected) after his first CRB. I think the interview went well. It just nerve wrecking being there. Nervousness and just the whole scene. It’s a life changing interview if you get the job . So it’s was a litttle easier than before but still stressful lol
calypso347
Radio Car

Post by calypso347 »

Was the longest hour of my life in that room today :shock: :shock:
Ray23
Rookie

Post by Ray23 »

calypso347 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:23 pm Was the longest hour of my life in that room today :shock: :shock:
How so? What was it like?
JRMVP
Walking Post

Post by JRMVP »

Gregorio856 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 3:16 pm

This part week is the first week for the CRB. I had mine today, I am pretty sure we will receive either an email or letter in the mail. I’m hoping before June . It seems like this process is super expedited compared to the first time I went through this process
June - Medical/Psych.
July - AWW/PEPP.

It was def easier this time around, my background investigator really liked me so it made it easier. He told me he received the same letter I got (the not selected) after his first CRB. I think the interview went well. It just nerve wrecking being there. Nervousness and just the whole scene. It’s a life changing interview if you get the job . So it’s was a litttle easier than before but still stressful lol

Nice!. Hope to see you on the other side. Good Luck. Stay Healthy and “Fit”-Ready.!.

Did you end up applying for 163 also?
ryandichi
Rookie

Post by ryandichi »

ryandichi wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:13 pm Good luck to all who are going to the CRB. I had mine this past Friday. not sure if yall have mentioned this already but can someone clarify for me.

1. has anyone been contacted further since their crb?
2. any info on the next two phases of the process? I think medical and psych.

thanks
June - Medical/Psych.
July - AWW/PEPP.

mine was not bad. I was in and out in about a half hour. I was super nervous but the troopers made it super relaxed and easy to answer questions. best advise I could give is, have a good idea of who you are and why you want this career. also be confident and sit up straight.
calypso347
Radio Car

Post by calypso347 »

ryandichi wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:39 am

mine was not bad. I was in and out in about a half hour. I was super nervous but the troopers made it super relaxed and easy to answer questions. best advise I could give is, have a good idea of who you are and why you want this career. also be confident and sit up straight.
Lucky haha I guess it depends who you have on your panel. That chair didn't help, kept sinking into it hahaha
ryandichi
Rookie

Post by ryandichi »

calypso347 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 10:31 am

Lucky haha I guess it depends who you have on your panel. That chair didn't help, kept sinking into it hahaha

same, it was a tough chair to keep good posture in lol.
Gregorio856
Walking Post

Post by Gregorio856 »

June - Medical/Psych.
July - AWW/PEPP.

I think it went well but you never know with these boards. They score everything. Being my 2nd time I know my chances are greatly increased but well seee. I did apply for the new application but I’m trying my best to not go through this process again. I don’t even want to go to the physical part again
JRMVP
Walking Post

Post by JRMVP »

Gregorio856 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:11 pm

June - Medical/Psych.
July - AWW/PEPP.

I think it went well but you never know with these boards. They score everything. Being my 2nd time I know my chances are greatly increased but well seee. I did apply for the new application but I’m trying my best to not go through this process again. I don’t even want to go to the physical part again

Yes, I understand exactly what you mean. Well best of luck!.
calypso347
Radio Car

Post by calypso347 »

ryandichi wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:09 am

same, it was a tough chair to keep good posture in lol.
haha right? dress pants and that soft leather chair....just kept sinking back into it :lol: